A SERIES of evangelistic meetings have been held here in the Free and U.P. churches. They were conducted by Messrs H. Smith and T. H. Stewart, agents of the Scottish Evangelistic Association. The meetings at first were rather small, bat the numbers steadily increased. Along with growing numbers there appeared to be growing power with the truth, and not a few were not only smitten by a sense of sin but professed to embrace Christ in all His fulness as their Saviour. Meetings for children were also held nightly, at which there was a large attendance and deep interest. We have good reason to believe that many lambs have been gathered into the fold of the Good Shepherd in connection with this branch of the work. The series of meetings was closed by one in the Town Hall, which was crowded. Very many stayed to the inquirers' meeting - more than could be dealt with personally.
"Times of Blessing," Feb 18th, 1875.