For a long time past the open-air and indoor meetings at our Mission Hall, Three Colt Lane, have been strongly opposed by the landlords of one or two adjacent public houses, and repeatedly have we been threatened with ejection. Only on Sunday week two of our brethren were taken off to the police station, charged by a publican with creating a nuisance by preaching near his house. At length the owner of the hall has been persuaded, much against his will, as he says, to turn us out. And a short time back we received notice to quit. This led us to look about, and after some little search, we found premises, which, after considerable alteration, have been admirably adapted for mission work. We have a large room that will seat 300 people, a smaller room that will hold 200, a soup kitchen and other rooms. These premises we opened on Lord's day, Feb. 14th.
From, 'The East London Evangelist,' March 1869, page 91.
Since our opening services here, an account of which appeared in our March number, the Lord has been graciously pleased to bless us in the conversion of many souls. This neighbourhood is indeed dark, and unless attracted by our open-air preaching, we find difficulty in getting tho people into the Hall. A great many who have come out of mere curiosity, have gone away deeply convicted, whilst numbers have left the Hall rejoicing in a knowledge of sins forgiven.
Sunday evening, March 21st, Brother Jermy conducted
A LOVE FEAST
And the name, if nothing else, proved sufficient attraction to draw together a large number of people. Near the door, we noticed five young men, who evidently had come to ridicule. But while brothers Totman and Fisher were saying that about three years ago they went to the Gospel Hall in Three Colts Lane, to see "what they did at a Love Feast,'' and that when there they saw their lost and ruined condition and gave their hearts to God, these young men hung their heads, and from the eyes of one tears were seen to fall. Before the meeting was concluded, three of the five professed to find peace in Jesus. "Those who came to scoff remained to pray."
From, 'The East London Evangelist,' May 1869, page 126.
It was under the railway arches in Old Bethnal Green Road, There is one place where the railway crosses, so I assume it was there.