The gracious revival has extended from the parish of Connor to that of Ahoghill, then to Portglenone, and round by Tully, Largey, Grange, Straid, Slatt, Galgorm Park, Killalers, Cloughwater, Clough and Rasharkin. Nor is it yet showing any symptoms of decline – on the contrary, it is moving on with amazing Power. Every day, almost every hour is bringing tidings of conviction. The interest is more and more awakening and extending.
From a statement by Rev Frederick Buick on 18th May 1859.
Presbyterian Magazine of July 1859: —
“At a meeting held on June 7th in the Presbyterian Church, while the speaker ‘was calling on God that the Holy Spirit might descend, a flash of lightning, which filled the building at the moment, struck the congregation with awe and trembling. With terror they prostrated themselves on the floor. On that occasion, of a congregation of 500, there were 100 cases of deep conviction of sin.”