In August and September camp meetings were held. This monastery beginning of a period of revival amongst the Primitive Methodists. It extended for four or five miles around the town and the meetings went on all night. James Pritchard, the minister, wrote, "Nothing like it had ever been witnessed in the neighbourhood and was comparable to the great revival in the north of Ireland in 1859, but not on such a large scale."
The camp meeting was to the north of the town.