1845. Early in the year Mr William Pattyson of the Primitive Wesleyan Society writes, giving a cheering account of the work on his circuit, which had been favoured with a continuous outpouring of the Holy Spirit for about twelve months. The quarterly meetings at Tanderagee, Derryanvil, and Portadown had been times of remarkable power, and at the subsequent prayer meetings there were many earnest seekers of salvation. Altogether, during the year upwards of three hundred persons, old and young, parents and children, were brought. from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to serve the living God.
'History of Methodism in Ireland'. Volume iii, by Crookshank, p358.
1858. From the Tanderagee circuit Mr John Thompson writes, "Many and ardent prayers here were offered to God that He would pour upon us the Spirit of grace and of supplication, and the Lord was intreated, so that many sinners became earnest seekers of salvation and were hopefully converted. This blessed work began at Derryanvil, where are many walking in the way of their devoted fathers. Then the revival spread to Derryall and all the country round, where numbers have been brought to the knowledge of the truth, and the truth has made them free. There is a very blessed work going on also at Maghon and Derryhale, and souls are being converted to God. My colleague, brother James Elliott, has been very zealous and active in this good work; and so are many of our leaders, who labour much in holding meetings, sometimes travelling miles to and from them, and not getting home until a late hour. At three services, held on the same night in different places, sixteen persons were brought out of darkness into the light of the Lord." It was estimated that at least one hundred and fifty souls had been converted, the classes were greatly increased, and the congregations became so large that sometimes the houses could not accommodate those who desired to be present.
'History of Methodism in Ireland'. Volume iii, by Crookshank, p504.
The church was built in 1785.