The church had a new minister at the beginning of 1885. Within a few weeks it was clear that the Lord was doing something special, so nightly meetings were started. The revival affected virtually the whole town and the outlying country district. Hundreds professed Christ and the nature of the town changed.
For a much wider account see 'Glory in the Glen,' by Tom Lennie, published by Christian Focus Publications, p47-8.
The town also experienced revival in 1905 and 1921.