Corstophine Town (1856)



A flood-tide of revival power swept hundreds into the kingdom during the autumn and winter of 1856-7, and compelled the erection of a new chapel and schools at Corstorphine Town in 1859. Here a mighty society was raised, and such a band of local preachers and officials as few places anywhere possessed.

‘Northern Primitive Methodism’ by W M Patterson, published in 1909, p232.


Related Wells