Bolton (1747)



In the year 1747, Bolton was visited. Here in the neighbourhood a great work began. It still goes on well. Since, Blackburn, Liverpool, and various other parts of Lancashire have been highly favoured. The gospel has wonderfully prevailed, and a great many hundreds there are, at this hour, of living and lively members of the Lord Jesus.

From a letter from W Grimshaw to Dr Gillies, July 1754.


Related Wells