About the year 1750, the work broke out in Nether (or Niddsdale) and has extended itself thence to various places on all sides. Patetley, Hartwith, Knaresborough, Knaresborough Forest, Fewston, &c. The chief instrument here has been and still is, one Thomas Lee.
From a letter from W Grimshaw to Dr Gillies, July 1754.
Location unknown. Most of Fewston is now at the bottom of a reservoir.