Caergeiliog, near Holyhead.—" Religion had been in a depressed state in this place for many years past. The prayer-meeting had nearly ceased to be held, the Sunday school was small, temperance seldom spoken of, a considerable number of people neglected public worship, and were unable to read the Bible, Some of the very worst sins increased, and the great enemy held fast the young people in his slavish chains. But the wheel has at length turned; he who bound others is now bound himself, and many of his prisoners have made their escape. About two hundred persons have muted themselves to the three denominations of this place. It is difficult to imagine the greatness of the change in this neighbourhood. Religion has taken possession of the principal people around us— men who are capable of doing much good."—February 1860.
From ‘The Welsh Revival’ by Thomas Phillips