Messrs. Q. Price, W. Harvey, and W. Peacefull, the missionaries then labouring in this district, devoted themselves with renewed ardour to the blessed work of spreading the Gospel among the inhabitants, and visited some new places successfully. Amongst these was the village of Sparsholt, where a great work of grace was wrought among the numerous converts was Mr. Jonathan Bush, who fitted up a little chapel on his own premises, in which many souls were brought to the Saviour. Hither many persons flocked from the surrounding villages, in order to find Him of whom Moses and the prophets wrote. Daily prayer-meetings were held here throughout the summer; and in the midst of the hay and corn harvests, farmers and labourers assembled by hundreds under two large trees, to render praise to the bountiful Giver of all good, and to invoke His blessing. Sixty or seventy persons found peace at this village, and the revival extended to other places.
From, ‘The History of the Primitive Methodist Connexion from its origin, by John Petty, 1860, p262-3.http://www.archive.org/details/historyprimitiv01pettgoog