The work of God prospered greatly at Congleton, and the society became numerous and powerful The zealous and well-regulated efforts of tract distributors were rendered of signal benefit to many persons and tended to enlarge the congregation and augment the society. A love-feast of extraordinary power was conducted there by Mr Hugh Bourne, in September 1822. Prayer was offered with penitents for several hours, and a considerable number found peace with God through faith in Christ.
From, ‘The History of the Primitive Methodist Connexion from its origin, by John Petty, 1860, p133
The marker on the map shows where the Primitive Methodist Chapel was built in 1821. In 1890 it was re-built and turned around so that it was on Kinsey Street. It closed towards the end of the 20th century.