Moreton, in the parish of Thame, Oxfordshire, was not so distinguished by violent opposition to the missionaries as many places in this county. Mr Joseph Way, a respectable farmer, early befriended them, allowed them to preach in one of his barns, and hospitably entertained them. He and Mrs Way also obtained spiritual good and identified themselves with the society. A blessed work of grace broke out in the village, and a striking change for the better took place in the intelligence and morals of the inhabitants. The congregations increased, and Mr Way being desirous of establishing a Sabbath-school, which could not be conveniently taught in his bam, generously gave land for a chapel, and otherwise liberally assisted in the erection. It was opened for religious service on the 1st of September, 1839, and a flourishing Sabbath-school was soon afterwards established therein.
From, ‘The History of the Primitive Methodist Connexion from its origin, by John Petty, 1860, p266.