On the 22nd of August, a camp meeting was held at Shefford. The infant societies in the neighbouring villages came to the place singing the praises of their God and Saviour; the preaching was attended with the unction of the Holy One; the praying services were effective; and at the love-feast in the evening, held in the new house designed as a residence for the married missionary, there was an extraordinary manifestation of the Divine presence, and fifteen souls were liberated from the bondage of sin. The missionaries were also cheered by seeing the work of their hands crowned with success at various other places. The increase of members reported to the September quarterly meeting was 110, making 250 in all.
From, ‘The History of the Primitive Methodist Connexion from its origin, by John Petty, 1860, p226.http://www.archive.org/details/historyprimitiv01pettgoog