Leurbost (1951)

Duncan Campbell came here in March 1951. The hunger here was great, with many Free Church people coming to the meetings. At one service (church unknown - may have been this one) the Free Church people all got to the church an hour before the service (10.00pm), so the Church of Scotland people found that there was no room for them. They remained outside the church for two hours until another service began, which went on until 3.00am.

For more information see, ‘Sounds from Heaven, by Colin and Mary Peckham (for details of the 1949-52 revival), published by Christian Focus Publications, p58.

Related Wells