Ponterwyd (1805)



1805 Ponterwyd, Cardiganshire. ‘The Lord smiled on his people in this place, prospering their efforts to a greater or lesser degree; and particularly about the year 1805, namely the time of the establishing of the Sabbath school. At this time there was a powerful visitation of the Spirit of God to the region, and many were converted to the Lord. The chapel gradually became much too small for the school and the meetings, and in 1821 the present chapel was built, which is much larger than the old one, and was paid for by the willing and liberal efforts of the region, without the help of anywhere else.’ [MC ii. 47-8] This information was kindly provided by Geraint Jones

Related Wells