St Buryan was touched by revival in 1832. The circuit minister writes, 'The next place specially visited was St Buryan. On the Lord's day, January 8th, the chapel overflowed with people: and nearly twenty persons were powerfully awakened. Three found peace: and from this time the work has continued to increase. The prayer meetings here, as in other places, after preaching, have been specially owned by God. '
This is the modern church that stands on the sight of the previous chapel.