Report to come.
A holiness revival began here in 1758 and went around much of the country.
The first building used regularly by the Methodists in Otley was a cottage in the Cambridge area. The cottage was built in 1750 by three local men, all property owners in the town: Nathan Aked, William Maude, and Enoch Neale were all members of Methodist families. The first Methodists in the town held meetings and worshipped at the cottage, and the property became known as Green Lane chapel. Before using this cottage it is likely that early meeting was held in the open air, houses, or barns.
A new chapel was built in 1771 in Nelson Street.