Grimshaw letter to Dr Gillies July 19th 1754.
"In the year 1746, by this man (Darney) the Lord pushed the work westward. Great numbers in the next parish (Heptonstall) were awakened and brought to the knowledge of Jesus. Lancashire now received the first revival. Pendle Forest (contiguous to Chipping), Colne parish, Todmorden, Rossendale, and soon after Haslingden. Rochdale and its parish were visited by the Lord, and many brought to acknowledge His free redeeming and saving power."
Location unknown. Pendle Forest is an area rather than a town.