George Whitefield - Orphan Hospital (1741)

Whitefield spoke in the Park many times. The green would have extended down to the river in Whitefield's day.

Additional Information

In Whitefield's time the Orphan Hospital was called Watsons Institution. The Hospital was moved to the other side of the road in 1830. Now the buildings on either side of Belford Road are part of the Scottish National Gallery.