Grimsby Methodist Circuit (1795)
The membership of the Methodist circuit grew 1795-8 from 530-1200. This was part of the Great Yorkshire Revival
. Interestingly the population of Grimsby was 982 in 1792. Those who attended Methodist meetings were at least four times those who were members, so it appears that most of the area around Grimsby were Methodists at this time.
From 1759-1808 there was a chapel in New Street which held 500 people.